Prescott Family Dentistry specializes in oral surgeries to help our patients address defects and injuries related to their teeth, mouth, jaw and face.
Some of the oral surgeries performed at our practice include:
- Wisdom tooth removal - impacted wisdom teeth can be a reason for a permanent damage to the adjacent teeth, gums, and bone and can sometimes result in the formation of cysts or tumors which could damage sections of the jaw.
- Tooth extraction - You may need tooth extraction for a number of reasons such as decay, damage beyond repair, tooth crowding or to prepare the mouth for orthodontic treatment.
- Cleft lip and palate – A cleft lip or palate occurs when some portions or whole of the nasal cavity and the mouth do not grow together during fetal development. This results in a gap in the lip and/or a split in the roof of the mouth. The condition can be corrected through a series of treatments and surgical procedures.
- Facial trauma –This refers to any kind of physical trauma to the face. We are skilled, trained and uniquely qualified to manage and treat facial trauma.
- TMJ disorder - The temporomandibular joint connects your skull to the jaw. When this joint isinjured or damaged, it can result in a painful condition known as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome.
- Bone grafting - Bone grafting or relocation of bone tissue is a surgical procedure used to fix damaged bones and joints, or to add bone prior to implant surgery.
For more information about oral surgeries, call (803) 306-7567, or visit our practice at 936 Market Street, Suite 201, Fort Mill, SC 29708.