A large number of people use dentures to replace their missing teeth and enjoy the benefits of a healthy looking smile. Prescott Family Dentistry, our highly professional staff ensures that you get the most affordable yet high quality dentures.Dentures are a great option to replace missing teeth because they can fit comfortably over your gums. They are effective in helping you eat properly and speak clearly and will help boost your confidence by improving your appearance.
Why you may need dentures:
Missing teeth create gaps in the mouth, which the adjacent teeth may try to fill by growing over the gap. This can cause the teeth to become crooked, eventually affecting essential functions such as biting and chewing. Also, the gum at the site of the loss tooth can deteriorate in the long run. Dentures fill the gap created by missing teeth, thereby helping you avoid all these problems and restoring your healthy smile.
What are the types of dentures?
- Complete dentures –complete dentures are used to replace a full set of teeth in an arch.
- Partial dentures – As the name suggests, these are used to replace a few missing teeth in the mouth. In removable partial dentures, replacement teeth are put overa gum colored base made using plastic. The base holds the denture in place.
How are dentures made?
- First, we take multiple impressions of your jaw.
- Then, we create models of the denture to be made withplastic patterns and/or wax forms. The shape, fit and color of the denture will be evaluated prior to the final cast.
- The final denture is created according to the determinations and measurements conducted in the previous steps.
- Once the denture is ready, you are asked to try it on and adjustments are made as necessary
For more information about dentures, do not hesitate to contact our office at (803) 306-7567, or visit us at 936 Market Street, Suite 201, Fort Mill, SC 29708.