CROWNS AND BRIDGES
If you are not happy with your smile due to imperfections such as missing, damaged or discoloredteeth, allow Prescott Family Dentistry to help you. We offer many dental solutions and treatments to fix and correct teeth imperfections. One of the solutions we offer for missing or damaged teeth are crowns and bridges.
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is placed over a damaged tooth. It is used to provide strength and protection to your tooth structure. Apart from improving the appearance of a tooth, a crown also adds strength to the tooth, and enhances its appearance, shape and alignment. Crowns are manufactured using a variety of materials such as porcelain, ceramic,acrylic, and gold and metal alloys.
You may need a crown to:
- cover stained, discolored or worn teeth
- replace a filling
- prevent further damage to the tooth such as cracking or fracturing
- support a bridge that replaces a missing tooth
- protect a tooth that has undergone a root canal treatment
Bridges are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They fill the area with the missing teeth. Bridges cover the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. The supporting teeth are also known as abutments. The crowns which cover the abutments are connected to apontic (or replacement tooth).
What benefits can you get from bridges?
- Bridges can restore your smile
- Bridges can restore the normal functions of teeth such as proper chewing and biting
- Bridges can keep the shape of your face maintained
- Bridges allow equal distribution of forces in your bite properly
- Bridges prevent your teeth from shifting or moving out of position
The success of crowns and bridges depend on how well you take good care of your oral health by proper brushing and flossing as well as the regular visits to your dentist.
At Prescott Family Dentistry, our goal is to help you attain a healthy and brilliant smile that you deserve. For more information on crowns, bridges and other general dentistry services that we provide, do not hesitate to contact our office at (803) 306-7567, or visit us at 936 Market Street, Suite 201, Fort Mill, SC 29708.