A beautiful smile can be your most attractive facial feature. Thanks to the latest dental technology, you do not have to stay unhappy with your smile or settle for stained, damaged and chipped teeth. All of these can be fixed with our cosmetic dentistry procedures. At Prescott Family Dentistry, your healthy and beautiful smile is important to us, which is why we do everything possible to help you maintain and improve its appearance and health.
Cosmetic dentistry involves dental procedures which are used to enhance the appearance and function of one’s teeth, bite and gums. It focuses on aesthetics such as shape, color, alignment, size and position of the teeth. Our expert cosmetic dentists can help you decide and determine the best procedures to fix imperfections in the look and function of your teeth. Some of the procedures we offer include:
- Teeth whitening – teeth whitening can be done either at home or at our dental office. This is the fastest, most convenient and most affordable way to brighten your smile.
- Composite Bonding – this involves attaching a tooth-colored composite resin to improve the appearance and strength of a chipped or damaged tooth.
- Porcelain and composite veneers - veneers wafer-thin pieces of porcelain or ceramic which are used to mask a variety of dental imperfections.
- Porcelain crowns – porcelain crowns are more natural looking than veneers. These are used to cover heavily damaged teeth.
- Porcelain bridgework – is used to replace lost teeth and is attached to the natural teeth on either side of the space created by the missing teeth.
- Dental implants - an implant is a post that is surgically placed to replace the root portion of a missing tooth, and is usually made of titanium.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are the fillings applied to the inside or the center of the tooth. These are fabricated using porcelain or composite materials in a dental laboratory to more closely match the color of a tooth.
- Tooth colored fillings – tooth colored fillings are fillings that are barely noticeable because their color is made to match the natural color of the teeth.
- Clear Orthodontic aligners – instead of metal braces, many teenagers and adults are opting for clear orthodontic aligners to straighten their teeth.
- Cosmetic gum surgery –minor surgeries are performed in order to correct the shape gum tissue to give it a more leveled appearance.
- Tooth Contouring and reshaping - a drill or laser is used by cosmetic dentists to smooth out or reshape the enamel of the teeth.
For more information on our cosmetic dentistry services, do not hesitate to contact our office at (803) 306-7567, or visit us at 936 Market Street, Suite 201, Fort Mill, SC 29708.